Question with regard to website domain transfers

pranavc

Hi All,
My current website has been created through Microsoft Office Live. It is a free service. Unfortunately, of late, it has posed several problems (lack of ability to customize web templates,
cutting off parts of google ads, loading amazon links within the same frame as opposed to opening a new window). The real icing on the cake is the fact that my website CANNOT be viewed
in Internet Explorer. I have tried this on multiple machines and logging to my website leads to the browser hanging. This has been going on for a week. One would believe this would be a problem
for browsers besides Internet Explorer (especially since this is a Microsoft service).

I am looking for a website hosting service that caters to the following criteria:

a) Cost less than $8 a month.

b) Allows me to retain my old domain name and handles the domain transfer too (with minimal downtime).

c) Has a WYSIWYG editor to build the website (along with the option of using HTML when desired).

d) Works well with google adsense (does not cut off ads).

e) Works well with ALL standard browsers.

f) Has excellent telephone customer service.

g) Allows the use of custom web templates as opposed to predefined web templates.

h) Collects good and reliable statistics on the webpage.

If you have any bad experiences and "please avoid" suggestions with regard to any website hosting services, please let me know that too.

Last, but not least, if I have any affiliate programs in place, is there anything particular that I need to pay attention to PRIOR to requesting for the domain transfer. Any other issues I should be prepared
for while transferring domains?

Any and all input will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Pranav
<web address only allowed in signature line>http://www.radiocremebrulee.com

Last edited by a moderator: