Professional Scope of a Web Designer

fahadbht

Hello All web designers,

I was looking for some forum like this where i can understand the career prospective from the same professionals. The thing is that i am working since 8 years as a web designer, and in between those years i have seen the importance of web design and how it helps the e-companies. BUt what i have felt that what i was working 5 years back is what i am doing till now, like some times we get challenging tasks, but whats the catch in thsi profession, where will thsi take me after another 5 years.

few questions:
1. What are the prospects of a web designing profession. Where should one be after experiencing 5 years in it?

2. If i think about switching to some other profession within IT which field i could choose to upgrade my self?

3. Where can i learn helpful stuff which enhances my career and put me into another bracket?

All suggestions and comments are welcome.

Thanks
F.B.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
1. What are the prospects of a web designing profession. Where should one be after experiencing 5 years in it?
with the way the world of computer and thus IT evolves, who knows what another 5 years will brings. just look back at the past 10 years in this field. heck, back then a lot of people didn't even have internet access yet.

2. If i think about switching to some other profession within IT which field i could choose to upgrade my self?
it's hard to say which field would suite you, being that i know nothing about you, but their are three fields that come to mind off the top of my mind... programming, graphic art and marketing. depending on how good you are with flash animation might also be an option.

3. Where can i learn helpful stuff which enhances my career and put me into another bracket?
what do you mean by bracket? as with any career within the IT industry, you need to stay on top of the happening/developments in the the industry. their are several good sites out their that can help in that regard. zdnet, sitepoint, developers shed, slashdot... just to name a few.

PS: please don't post the same thread more than once. thanks.