Previews

Winterchase

I've noticed on MSN Search that some sites have a preview while others don't, mine included.

How do they do that?

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Preview???
I have never noticed that on msn search.
Do you have an example for a particular search term?

Winterchase

On MS

ian said:
Preview???
I have never noticed that on msn search.
Do you have an example for a particular search term?

It's when I key in say a name. Several options come up, some are paid sites, others relate.

Kiwiberry

Grab a link next time you see it. I've tried this a couple of times now, and still haven't seen it with MSN. I remeber seeing this on certain SE's, but for the life of me, can't remember which ones.

Kiwiberry

It's not there on my firefox, and I even tried it in IE. Do you use hotmail or any hotmail products on your PC? Maybe it's something you've got installed.

Kiwiberry

Do you mean the Text under the site link? *light goes on* :eek: I was looking for a picture or screenshot of the webpage. I believe the text is pulled from your Meta tag for description. For example, my meta tag looks like this.

<meta content="Like projects? Well, Project PC's is a gathering place of project ideas and how to guides. From desktops to laptops and iPods, we're here to help you!" name="Description">

Now, when you find my site in different Search engines. Underneath a link to my site that's what it will say.

I hope this helps or I'm really confused.