Please Take a minute to complete this for me!, I will be really really grateful!

Laura_k

Website Design Questionnaire:)

I would really appreciate it if you could complete this short questionnaire, I require the results for a study I’m undertaking and would be very thankful to you for your time. Please be honest, and to make it easy, copy and paste the questionnaire into a reply and delete the answers which aren’t relevant to you. Thanks!

1) What age range are you within?
Under 16
17 to 25
26 to 35
36 to 45
46+

2) Are you?
Male
Female

3) When designing a website, how important do you think the following aspects are? (Please rate them one to five, five being really important and one being the least important.)

Functionality
1 2 3 4 5

Design and layout
1 2 3 4 5

Search engine recognition
1 2 3 4 5

Targeting your audience
1 2 3 4 5

4) From the above table can you select one feature you feel is most important and explain why you feel this is?
Functionality
Design and layout
Targeting your audience

Reasons for choosing the above aspect…

5) When browsing websites, do you look at every page within them, or just the parts of interest to you?
Every Page
Parts of Interest

6) Where do you find out about websites that you visit?
Newspapers and Magazines
Other Websites
Posters
Television
Company Stationary

Other...

7) How do you usually find a website you’re looking for?
Search Engines
Links from other websites
By looking at the topic literature or ringing the relative company

Other…

ian

Administrator
Staff member
1. 36 to 45

2. male

3. Functionality 4
design and layout 4
search engine recognition 5
targeting audience 3

4. from the viewpoint of a site visitor, design and layout,
from the viewpoint of a webmaster, search engine optimization

5. Parts of interest

6. Other..search engines, google

7. Search engines, mainly google

SiteExpress

1. 36-45

2. male

Functionality
Design and layout
Targeting your audience

4. Design and Layout - It has to be easy to navigate and use for your visitor to feel comfortable staying, and spening money there.

5. Just the part I was interested in

6. Mostly Search engines

7. Search engines

Laura_k

Thank you!

I just want to thank Ian and Site Express for spending some time filling out my questionnaire... I still need more responses though so please people, be generous with your time. ;)

StephanieCordray

I would really appreciate it if you could complete this short questionnaire, I require the results for a study I’m undertaking and would be very thankful to you for your time. Please be honest, and to make it easy, copy and paste the questionnaire into a reply and delete the answers which aren’t relevant to you. Thanks!

46+

2) Are you?

Female

3) When designing a website, how important do you think the following aspects are? (Please rate them one to five, five being really important and one being the least important.)

Functionality

Design and layout

Targeting your audience

4) From the above table can you select one feature you feel is most important and explain why you feel this is?
Functionality

Reasons for choosing the above aspect… If people can't use it, it's not worth much no matter how friendly it is otherwise.

5) When browsing websites, do you look at every page within them, or just the parts of interest to you?
Every Page

Other...

Search Engines

bay

26 to 35
2) Are you?
Female
Functionality
Design and layout

Targeting your audience

Design and layout

Balanced functionality with a catching design

Parts of Interest

Other Websites

Kiwiberry

17 to 25

2) Are you?
Male

Functionality

Design and layout

Targeting your audience

If the Search Engines can't find your site, No one else will.

Parts of Interest

Newspapers and Magazines
Other Websites

Search Engines

missj040

17 to 25

2) Are you?
Female

Functionality

Design and layout

Targeting your audience

Functionality
Design and layout

Sorry i had to pick 2 of them, as i find they are both equally important.
Functionality - You cant go live with a site that does not work properly. Especially if its to do with money, you will get people very pi**ed of.
Design/Layout - First Impressions are everything on websites. You wouldnt go and buy a ipod online if there site was a blank page and had BUY NOW £99.99 button at the bottom .. would you?

Parts of Interest

Newspapers and Magazines
Other Websites
Posters
Television
Other...

Search Engines

BaldEagle

Laura_k said:

Under 16
17 to 25
26 to 35
36 to 45
46+

2) Are you?
Male
Female

Functionality
1 2 3 4 5

Design and layout
1 2 3 4 5

1 2 3 4 5

Targeting your audience
1 2 3 4 5

Functionality
Design and layout
Targeting your audience

Not all designs will appeal equally to all so I will overlook some design flaws (of course those are my opinion) but if the site is not functional I will surf away quickly!

Every Page
Parts of Interest

Newspapers and Magazines
Other Websites
Posters
Television
Company Stationary

Other...

Search Engines

Other…

I'm new here, so hope it is OK to jump in.

BaldEagle

Last edited:

jord1712

1) Under 16
2) Male
3) Functionality - 4 Design and layout - 5 Search engine recognition - 3 Targeting your audience - 3
4) Design and Layout
5) Parts of Interest
6) Other Websites
7) Search Engines

troubled_woman

Under 16
17 to 25
26 to 35
36 to 45
46+

2) Are you?
Male
Female

Functionality
1 2 3 4 5

Design and layout
1 2 3 4 5

1 2 3 4 5

Targeting your audience
1 2 3 4 5

Functionality
Design and layout
Targeting your audience
If the layout and design are all wrong, people will go else where and not even know the quality of functionality

Every Page
Parts of Interest

Newspapers and Magazines
Other Websites
Posters
Television
Company Stationary

Other... Collegues, friends and family

Search Engines

DLPerry

46+

2) Are you?
Female

Functionality

Design and layout

Targeting your audience

Functionality

Because an un-usable website is of no use :), no matter how successful anything else may be.

Parts of Interest

Newspapers and Magazines
Other Websites
Television
Company Stationary

Other...word of mouth, advertising, email, etc.

Search Engines

Other...word of mouth, magazines, advertising, ezines, blogs, etc.

stuluk28

17 to 25

2) Are you?
Male

Functionality

Design and layout

Targeting your audience

Functionality

Although all of the features are important, there's no point designing a website with cutting edge graphics that take forever to load, or an amazing navigation system that nobody can figure out if it's for a small family business or something similar. The design must be based around the client, their target audience and it's purpose.

By combining all the things you mentioned in Q3 you'll create a 'functional' website. Miss one out and the website will not 'fuction' at its best!

Parts of Interest

Magazines
Other Websites
Graphic, Web, or interaction design books!

Search Engines

Hope this helps!