Please review...

orangecopper

Looking Just Okay. ( no offence..its not bad...but you can do more )

in the part that says " shared, dedicated, reseller " you can give some sort of demarcations...like 3 rounded boxes, 3 colors or 3 secctions..

try to devide your website into tables and merge them smoothly...and use colors...or gradients so that it does not look much lilke a document.

when you use icons on white bgrnds use icons with transparent or white bg other wise itll look like a image pasted/clipped. am talkin abt : http://www.bkriegtech.net/images/globe.png

menu looks impressive.

a good header flash or image would make it look even good.

regards
Josh
Orangecopper.com

athomas

Well in my experience flash is looked down upon as every web template out there uses cheesy flash headers, and since we do design, I want to steer away from looking like a template from templatemonster.com or something.

As far as the sections... I'm at a loss. Could you suggest something?

The globe, and everything else.. Has a white bg, with just a drop shadow... Not sure what you mean there exactly.

orangecopper

mmm

Oh okay...

Like one site that i am working on its of the similar concept...
orangecopper.in - you can have a look at the divisions that i had made.. not exactly...or something that shows some divisions that gives a feel of content is different..

regards
Josh

athomas

So more or less just seperate out the three plans... How about the general content of the page? (From browsing through the site) My average time on site (According to Google Analytics) is around 2 minutes, but business has been REALLY slow lately.

athomas

So more or less just seperate out the three plans... How about the general content of the page? (From browsing through the site) My average time on site (According to Google Analytics) is around 2 minutes, but business has been REALLY slow lately.

Any input on that?

Also, new background for the site, does that accent the site better?

Link again... http://www.bkriegtech.net

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I think it looked better before, those three squares detailing the plans look to take up too much of the screen.

Modern_Media

Honestly, I don't see much wrong with your site - if I was to say anything negative, I would say that your content has so much space to the left and to the right, you could put more padding to your main content.

Other than that, my best advice is this - "You're NEVER going to make everybody happy with your design."

Especially in a "Web Design" Forum...Just take the critique YOU agree with and work with it. Otherwise, if your site brings you the traffic you need- you really should care less about critique.

mrandrei

I personally like the layout. It follows the principle of "ABOVE THE FOLD" which is a good way to design a landing page or homepage. Good job!

ian

Administrator
Staff member
How's it take up most of the screen? Maybe I'm missing what you are saying.
If you check the site at 1024x768 on a 17" monitor, those three boxes with the plan details and the surrounding empty white space, occupy something like 65-70% of the monitor screen space.
But if you like it, and it works, I would leave it that way.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
yes, read over the last time you asked for a review and consider some of the advice there.
web design is just one small yet important part of the total equation.
you can have the best looking site in the world, but unless you get all of the elements right, it will be very hard in what is one of the most competitive areas on the internet.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
I rarely write any sort of reviews anymore, so please bare with me.

To be honest, for a web host and someone who offers design services, you really should try to do better. Please don't get me wrong, the current layout isn't horrible, but it is rather plain and really doesn't draw me, the customer, in at all.

Try adding some color, possibly even some images and structuring your content in a more interesting way. Bland black and white paragraphs stacked one on top of the other isn't always the best solution. Check out VPS.net for a good example of what a landing page should look like.

Keep your landing page clean, simple, visually appealing and to the point. Your visitors decide within the first few seconds whether they care to stay and view your site, or move on, so you want to make the best, most professional first impression possible.

Just my .02 cents.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
If you are serious, spend weeks or months if need be, to try and find a better domain name. Branding is not everything, but it can either break or make a website. I don't mean to be critical, but if you are serious about building a web hosting business, I think this would be a good place to start.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
oh yeah, maybe consider placing an image of a data centre, server racks, etc in the top right hand side where there is a lot of empty space.