Please review this site

SiteExpress

I hope you are wanting an honest opinion. If not, your at the wrong place.

Here is my Good, Bad, and ugly description.

The good:

You have a very large web site, with lots of pages. you could even break many of the pages down, and make even more.

You made use of a drop down menu for some of the page links.

Your product ordering system seems to work fine. You could actually enhance it to make it even easier.

You have a site map

Tha bad:

Some of the main body text is black, while a large part is showing up as blue to me. The blue text is a little harder to read.

The long list of items in the Instant product finder stretches the page down way too much. You may be better of to place that list in a drop down menu.

The footer menu is so buried so far down the page, and it is just beneath a mass of ads and images, it took me quite a while to even notice it.

The Ugly

The text on some of the buttons does not fit. On a couple of them, the text is cut off whn the mouseover image replaces it.

I think there are too many images on the page, and with a white background, they seem to be almost floating around. It gives a level of confusion to the page.

Many of the pages are very long. try splitting pages up to make it easier to navigate them.

Lots of table alignment issues. All of your tables are default aligned to the left, but not all of them are the same width. It creates un-evenness on the right side of the page.

I am very sorry if it sounds like I am blasting your website with bad comments. I just believe in giving an honest opinion, so that you have the opportunity to to improve on it, instead of lying to you and saying it looks great.

i will gladly offer free assistance to you. If you have questions or need advice on something, just PM me, and I will gladly help.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Dont like the borders on those tables, or the font used.
Doesnt look all that professional, I think it could benefit from a new header area.
On the positive said, it does look to be search friendly and has some good quality photos and content.

jack

thanks for reviewing

Many thanks for reviewing my site.

I've used Netobjects Fusion 8 for creating the site. It is my husbands business. I have just read all the info I can about web design and created the site myself, gradually expanding it over the last 3 years or so, all in my spare time.

Your feedback is very vey useful. I have been thinking for ages that the header needs compacting so will try and do something with it.
The word "checkout" is often searched for which implies that the checkout top left is not obvious.

Your suggestion to make pages smaller makes sense.
Also pull-downs for the A to Z list makes sense. That will keep me busy for a while!

Thanks again.

SiteExpress

It takes a lot of practice to make pages that comply with everyones idea of what is good or not. I am not sure it is actually even possible to satisfy the majority. However, following some of the basics will get you a long ways.

Be careful not to completely omit your A-Z list. Like Ian referred to earlier, it is probably very good for search engines. I would suggest creating a drop down list for them on your first page, but also keeping the entire list intact on another page. Just link to it from the first page, or maybe a site map.

Good luck