Please Review My Website design - Amstel Website Redesign Concept

chrishirst

Staff member
But what does the "Redesign Concept" (Your thread title) consist of?

I cannot see anything that is particularly different. Merely changing a couple background images does not qualify as a 'new concept'

saeed dameer

But what does the "Redesign Concept" (Your thread title) consist of?

I cannot see anything that is particularly different. Merely changing a couple background images does not qualify as a 'new concept'
go and see official amstel website then go back to see my design

chrishirst

Staff member
Been there.

Done that.

Posted the link.

And what I am saying that you have NOT done ANYTHING that would qualify as a 'new concept. It is EXACTLY THE SAME website with a few minor modifications

chrishirst

Staff member
Okay, in that case it may simply be a language semantics problem.

A new 'concept' would be something that may be radically different from the norm, as in the case of a 'concept car', or instantly noticeably different from the existing. You have NOT created a 'concept', it is merely a very slightly different 'look'. Visitors to your 'new concept' would NOT notice anything different and more importantly neither would the 'client'. What you think is NOT important, it is what OTHERS think, it is their 'opinion' and your client's opinion that counts.

Why would your client be paying for your 'new concept' when it is almost identical to their 'old' website?
If you presented an invoice for €2,800 (about $3,000) for your new 'concept', your feet would not touch the floor whilst being dumped back on the street, because they could have paid an apprentice €20 to make the 'changes' you have.

A new 'concept' needs a "WoW!" factor when first seen.
A new 'concept' cannot be the same website with some less than obvious changes.

The upshot is: If this was a website design training course 'final examination' and I was your examiner you would FAIL if you presented that as your idea of a 'concept'.

saeed dameer

Okay, in that case it may simply be a language semantics problem.

A new 'concept' would be something that may be radically different from the norm, as in the case of a 'concept car', or instantly noticeably different from the existing. You have NOT created a 'concept', it is merely a very slightly different 'look'. Visitors to your 'new concept' would NOT notice anything different and more importantly neither would the 'client'. What you think is NOT important, it is what OTHERS think, it is their 'opinion' and your client's opinion that counts.

Why would your client be paying for your 'new concept' when it is almost identical to their 'old' website?
If you presented an invoice for €2,800 (about $3,000) for your new 'concept', your feet would not touch the floor whilst being dumped back on the street, because they could have paid an apprentice €20 to make the 'changes' you have.

A new 'concept' needs a "WoW!" factor when first seen.
A new 'concept' cannot be the same website with some less than obvious changes.

The upshot is: If this was a website design training course 'final examination' and I was your examiner you would FAIL if you presented that as your idea of a 'concept'.

I finally understood what your point

look a new "Concept" mean a new design for the website and that mean the same content or maybe with some changes but with new idea for design
and you can't deny, it's a new idea

i really don't care for my opinion so i posted my design here and in the other forums to read what people think about my design
i'm just a beginner so i need to see what's my weaknesses to work on it in the coming works

i don't care about money now and i didn't show my work for Amstel, i just do it to improve my self

my design different from official design for amestel
it's not the same images
it's with a new way and new idea

"WoW" You will tell "Wow" when you see work from a professional
i told you before i just a beginner who try to improve myself everyday

Then i hope you will never be my examiner

Note: sorry for bad english and i hope you get my point

chrishirst

Staff member
you can't deny, it's a new idea

I can and I do deny it, it is practically identical, all your 'changes' are superficial, trust me nobody would be impressed and want to hire you based on that.

i don't care about money now and i didn't show my work for Amstel, i just do it to improve my self
One day you will care. particularly noted by the unequivocal fact that you posted your 'design' on a website for 'freelance' designers to 'show off' their portfolio of designs, in the hope that a prospective employer will come across it and hire the 'designer'. So please do not be disingenuous with regards to your motives.

"WoW" You will tell "Wow" when you see work from a professional
Nope, many 'professional' designers are 'stuck in their ways' by having the 'artist' educated out of them. There are more than enough 'designers' who simply 'tweak' an existing design and push it out, what employers, 'per contract' hirers and 'one off' contractee hire are looking for is some to improve their site, not just make minor changes.
If you want to make a REAL impression, ... ... ...

DO something different and noticeable.

saeed dameer

I can and I do deny it, it is practically identical, all your 'changes' are superficial, trust me nobody would be impressed and want to hire you based on that.

One day you will care. particularly noted by the unequivocal fact that you posted your 'design' on a website for 'freelance' designers to 'show off' their portfolio of designs, in the hope that a prospective employer will come across it and hire the 'designer'. So please do not be disingenuous with regards to your motives.

Nope, many 'professional' designers are 'stuck in their ways' by having the 'artist' educated out of them. There are more than enough 'designers' who simply 'tweak' an existing design and push it out, what employers, 'per contract' hirers and 'one off' contractee hire are looking for is some to improve their site, not just make minor changes.
If you want to make a REAL impression, ... ... ...

DO something different and noticeable.
it's something different and noticeable :):)

chrishirst

Staff member
it's something different and noticeable :):)

This was my point in the VERY FIRST post I made, it is NOT different OR noticeable, I had to look very closely to find differences, the changes ARE superficial. What you have done is the equivalent of painting your house windows a different colour and presenting it as a 'new concept house'.

Man! Just get over the fact that I do not consider your 'design' as being absolutely wonderful. THIS is how the 'peer review' works, YOU have what you think is perfect THEN you put it up for review and you get told that it isn't. THIS IS HOW you improve, If you do not want the truth, DON'T ASK THE QUESTION!!!!!!!