Please let me what do you think about this website.

Masin

Please tell me what do you think about this website.

I created my first website and I want to know what do you think about the following points:
1. layout,
2. color transition and combination
3. clarity
4. professionalism
5. logo

Please give me tips for improvement and tell me the resolution of your monitor.

Ps.
1. browsers
The website can only be viewed using IE9, FF, Opera, and Chrome Safari.
The website is not available for IE 8 and lower.

2. resolutions
The websites is only viewable with resolutions higher than 800.

3. The website is slow, right?

This is my website in Duits:
www.marmsoft.nl

and this is the google translation:

http://translate.google.nl/translat...nl&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=www.marmsoft.nl

Last edited:

d a v e

1. layout - messy - try and use some sort of grid or at least line up edges with each other. put your logo first - it looks weird being almost centred

2. colours are standard for this type of site - the boxes are very MS looking: don't really like borrowing the look or feel of a major company when you're trying to sell your own stuff and the site is a bit too colourful overall. less would look more professional

3. it's not very clear because nothing lines up with anything else, and the font sizes seem a bit random

4. it's not polished enough to look professional some of the elements are ok - the navigation for example but it all needs tidying up. make your headings bigger than your main copy

5. logo looks kind of ok BUT - using a thin serif font doesn't say "software" to me (think of apple or MS) and the beveling looks amateurish

6. ok so there was a 6 but there is now ;) why can't you make it available in IE8? could be a big market share you're msissing out on there

Pro

Your website looks clean and simple, perfect for an older target market.

Colors are easy on the eye, which is good.

The text is big enough to read, very clear.

Overall feel looks professional; however, it does seem like an older type of design. Yet, that might be perfect for your target market (I can't read the content due to language barrier).

If I could suggestion something:
Your meta tags are the same for each page. I'd suggest changing the meta tags for each page (i.e. keywords, description, etc) for better search rankings.

Masin

Guys, thanks for your Comments and tips.

Pro, what do you mean with "older target market”?
Maybe you mean an old design. Could you give me an example (website) of modern design?

Thanks

No... and I mean NO rhythm to it whatsoever. Slideshow.. what’s the point on this one?? Others bash no matter what, I'm not one of those guys but I'm gonna have to bash this one because nothing POPS out and the font size is WAY too small to make any impact ( on a side note, what the hell is this " trend" towards using uber light text.. do you NOT want people to read your site... I digress).

Paddings and margins are all over the place. Heading styling is not constant all thru the site.. In a nutshell it’s a hot mess. Do NOT listen to the next guy who is due to come along any second now and tell you to go pick up a theme from somewhere, that won’t help you do anything more than get a site up that someone else did all the hard work for. Go to one of the MANY sites available and play around until you get it right, you’ll feel much better about yourself in the long run.

chrishirst

Staff member
Ok, so you don't want visitors to read that you are telling them how employing you can help.

That's fine then.

reverseengineer

Not horrible. I actually like your slideshow. Your mission statement and about us section should CLEARLY state what operations you guys do. It's a little vague.

Masin

I have my website updated and I hope that it has become a good and professional website. See also also the mobile version of the website.

The website is not yet available for IE8 and IE7.

www.marmsoft.nl

Dazc

I like your menu layout... as for the logo, i like it, but the green arrow seems to overpower the words?