PHPfox - advise needed

tonywiggins

Firstly, apologies if this has been asked before, but I have a dating site that I am in the process of building, and I’m looking at dating scripts to use as a base to build my work on. My question is, has anyone used the ‘PHPfox script before? If so, can you advise on if this is a good or bad script to use, also, if you can recommend any other dating scripts (that won't bust the bank)

Many thanks for any input you have to the answer….

Tony
http://www.singledaters.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:

StephanieCordray

There are literally tons of dating scripts out there in php, cgi, javascript, etc. so the chances are pretty slim that there will be many here who have used that script or any other particular script.

What I would suggest you do, considering you're looking at several different php scripts is browse the support forums for the respective scripts. Look to see what issues crop up in the forums to see if those are potential issues for you or if someone just screwed something up because they don't know what they are doing. I've never done a dating site so I have never used any dating scripts. If I were to do one, the first things I would do are: look at the different scripts, the features included with it, and what kind of support there is available for it. Other than that, you might want to look at addons and mods they might have to integrate and help you customize.

If the script doesn't have a support forum stay away from it. Everything has its weaknesses and strengths and without some kind of support you're taking a big chance that it will break and you'll have to redo the whole thing.

Another thing you might want to try, depending on how much space you have available to work with is install several different ones and give them a test run for customizability and whether they will suit your overall needs. Some sites have demo areas but I like to work from my own space because some features may be turned off in their demos.

tonywiggins

What an absolutely appreciated response. Thank you very much for the advice, which I am going to take on board. I like the suggestion of using my own space for testing – I have tried/checked out several ‘demos’, but your right, many features are turned off.

Again, many thanks for your reply.