PHP Editor

Absolution

I have tried a couple programs (can't remember which since it was a while ago) to edit PHP but I found they didn't have substantial advantages over plain old notepad. But since it has been a while now, I thought I would ask the question. Does anyone have software they like to edit PHP?

Absolution

I think I will try Notepad++, does Dreamweaver have some specific advantages in PHP, that I might like? Maybe previewing of a scripted page, instead of having to always look on the server?

Glenn

I think I will try Notepad++, does Dreamweaver have some specific advantages in PHP, that I might like? Maybe previewing of a scripted page, instead of having to always look on the server?

Not sure about the most recent version, but any I have used it didn't. It wasn't any better than Notepad++

georgi

Hello,

Eclips is too slow. I think that dreamweaver is really good php editor, because it runs fast enough, it has code hints, nice color and html code formating functions.

best regards,
Georgi

SamuelV

phpDesiner 7 is a nice program you can test it for 30 days. and free one and a good program is netbeans

Last edited:

Absolution

Thanks everyone! I was looking into previewing my PHP documents, but it requires that I install Apache. I am not familiar with running servers. But I do not want my personal computer to be an online accessible server. Will installing apache open more security risks?

DeatosLabs

Not if apache is set to listen on only 127.0.0.1 then it will only be accessible to the local machine.

Thanks everyone! I was looking into previewing my PHP documents, but it requires that I install Apache. I am not familiar with running servers. But I do not want my personal computer to be an online accessible server. Will installing apache open more security risks?

Styla

I’m using Dreamweaver for coding PHP. Dreamweaver CS5 is enabled all syntax compatibility of PHP language. After finishing coding I’ll execute PHP file wamp server. It has in built apache server.