Photography template

superdave

photographwebsite2.jpg

This is a photography template i am working on.What do you think? will post the finish product tomorrow.

Last edited:

wetgravy

well ... lets see here first off ... your copyright ... is almost the same size as the title. I would make that smaller and less "LOOK AT ME"

second off you have alot of inconsistant graphics. you have bevels, strokes, drop shadows, gradient color fills, and rounded corners but nothing is used really effectively or more than once. Try to focus on the core idea and don't let photoshop design for you ... you'll get something that doesn't really look professional.

and it looks like your using arial rounded for all of the website (which is fine for the mockups but for the final site i would reserve it for image graphics only)

Also it's sometimes a good idea to start off with a couple pencil and paper sketches to help refine your layout.

wetgravy

So here is a quick 5 minute rough as to what i'm talking about ... i didn't bevel anything, the area's for content are in seperate sections, only used a stroke or a creative use of a gradient in the nav bar or subtle texture in the header. The layout is more well used and is alot more friendly to the eyes. and there are no round corners. Unless you have alot of image templating or redundant coding you want to use ... avoid image glows or drop shadows. Not everything has to be "web 2.0" photochopped.

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 84