Perfect font for a construction site?

LouTheDesigner

Does anyone know a good font for a very classy construction site? The work that this company does is rather high-end, (image large spiral staircases in hotels). I've never been good at choosing a font.

Please help!

-Lou

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have seen quite a few construction company's use a serif font. And some that use both.

For example:

KB Homes
Meritage Homes
Fulton Homes

A couple clean-looking font suggestions: Adobe Jenson, Adobe Carlson, Garamond Pro, Myriad Pro, Hypathia Pro, Gill Sans.

bcrump

Going with the most common fonts for the text and leaving the fancy one's for the logo the way to go. Times, serifs are a good for the main body, for the logo/banner the choice depends on you telling us more about your business.

joshuthomas

i cannot define a font for a construction website.
try using standard arial font or checkout dafonts dot com

cheers
josh

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I guess I was half asleep when I read your post Lou :D Anyway, like others have said I would stick to a commonly used font for the website. Bare in mind Times can be a little tough to read, Georgia would be a better choice (serif).

My recommendations were for a logo.

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice looking font. Good recommendation northpark. I love Smashing magazine they have great articles, excellent resources for designers. I have not heard of telegrafico before, but it works with that logo, helps give the impression of strength.

Last edited:

scept1c

thanks for posting new fonts, some of them can be useful for my site,
Lou, the link you provided seems not to work for me.

AcmeWeb

construction font

I was putting together a flyer for a contractor and couldn't find a font that was right, not really sure WHAT I was looking for. So, I typed in "construction font" in Google and found this thread.

Telegrafico is PERFECT!

Interesting, finding a 2-year old thread that is SO helpful. But, none of the links work anymore. Northparkdesign.com doesn't exist. I wanted to see http://tinyurl.com/y8ce7b4 and that goes nowhere, too.

Who can I thank around here???

Well... thank you Web Design Forum!

AcmeWeb

I was putting together a flyer for a contractor and couldn't find a font that was right, not really sure WHAT I was looking for. So, I typed in "construction font" in Google and found this thread.

Telegrafico is PERFECT!

Interesting, finding a 2-year old thread that is SO helpful. But, none of the links work anymore. Northparkdesign.com doesn't exist. I wanted to see http://tinyurl.com/y8ce7b4 and that goes nowhere, too.

Who can I thank around here???

Well... thank you Web Design Forum!

AND it's gonna look great on the site I'm about to start making.

island.html

Thanks again!

Last edited:

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rather than simply getting font suggestions, you might find it more useful in the long run to learn more about type in general.

Check out this ebook (PDF). It's a really good primer by FontShop for type. They also have a page full of free ebooks here that you can learn a lot from.