Other sites out there...

kiko_friendly

I've found another forum. Much as I love WDF, it's gotta be said that it's way too inactive!

As it's been inactive, I've been looking elsewhere for help, and stumbled upon another forum. It's incredibly active, and have received a tonne of help.

My point is not that I am leaving here, but that I really would like to see this place liven up a bit!

How, though, could this be done? :p

cohen

This is a very active forum... you have to get the right and good URL for it to be active

kiko_friendly

Well, this isn't TOO inactive for me. I won't stop coming here, but I'd love to give my input on how to make this place more active than it is. I'd certainly be willing to help, too. :p

wetgravy

well, asides from the name ... theres nothing to draw alot of the programmers into here since it's just web design not really developement and programming. The one i post on alot has pretty much all the web languages in their own section of the board so they can all figure out whats going on with whatever code. Also, I hate to say it ... but tutorials are always a huge draw for web surfers.

joe

I'm what you would call a "programmer" and I'm here. I don't really think all the languages should have their own section because they're pretty much all alike. If you know one, you pretty much can do anything in the other ones.

wetgravy

thats true joe, but you also have to realize that alot of the other web design forums are pretty much all programmers and a couple designers. and i don't think there needs to be a break down, but also those site have alot of tutorials and alot of people talking about the same thing (how to make their newest and baddest script work right)

3dmagicaldesign

I don't think it is an inactive forum at all. I love the web design forum and everytime that I start a thread I receive many comments, have you analyzed the content of your postings? sometimes I post things and no one replies, but some other times I receive a very decent amount of replies, in fact I am really excited that I am about to make my posting #100. I don't think you should leave us, just think about good content to share with this community, I know you will have many people commenting about your thoughts.

suz

This forum will grow and those who stuck around while it was growing will be the respected power users when it's big :)

3dmagicaldesign

well... I really hope to become one of them. I really love this forum and would like to put all my efforts to make it a very active and interesting place.

fromthe5

Well I'm a new member today. I came here for help with a design problem I'm having. The reason I got here is because this forum ranks #1 in Google today for the term "web design forum". Most of my computer time is spent on SEO. If you design a beautiful site and put it up on the web, you won't get any search engine traffic unless you rank well for the keyword phrases relevant to your site that people are using to find services/products like yours. I hope to be able to help in that arena and will hopefully learn a few things also.

3dmagicaldesign

Kiko_friendly:

I don't know if you have noticed how the amount of new members has been increasing in WDF. Are you still considering to leave it?