Not done SEO in 2 yrs. Need some help.

Private-I

Hi,

I used to do all my own SEO. That was 2 years ago. I've been looking at my websites recently and noticed Google has dropped one of my main websites http://www.ukpeoplesearch.co.uk . It used to be in the top 3 for UK People Search, now it's not listed and has a Pagerank of 0.

I've kept the site updated, and re-designed it a couple of times over the years.

What should I do to get it back in Google? Link swaps? What are the current rules? Any advice?

Thanks,
Andy

webdesignperth

Backlinks mate, you need quality backlinks to make a good start. Try posting comments and submit your site to various (theme related) directories. Read the google optimization guidelines, am sure will help you out.

Regards

Private-I

so backlinks are just links from blogs, forums and other low quality sources? would I be better getting a few higher PR links even if I pay for them?

nedo

I would suggest you to get backlinks from some web 2.0 sites like squidoo, weebly...
Also look for high PR do follow links, nothing better than that.

ishuvonet

You have to work on getting more backlinks.Probably they have been deleted by the administrator.Just update your site frequently and do some backlink campaign.you will get your position back.

wishbone

Investigate too if your site was being involved in bad neighborhood, make those corrections and request for reinclusion..

Private-I

what's squidoo, weebly ?

i think I'm going to see where my competitors are getting their links and try and copy them lol sounds like a good idea.

Catalin99

Don't look at the PR. Try to update the info from site and put relevant links to the index and internal pages. It's better to update often your site. In this way the bot will come often on your website and the trust in the provided info / site will increase.

greenlightning

Have you tried using Facebook & Twitter to drive traffic? It helps. Try to post backlinks from any and all sites that you think are related to your subject matter. Blog comment forms, forums, post articles. I would also suggest starting a blog on your site either by using Wordpress. Don't just make posts that have nothing to do with the conversation though. Don't act like a salesman. Nobody likes that stuff and you'll either get your post deleted or banned. Be helpful. Also, if there are any forums that you visit on a regular basis, put the links in you signature. That helps too.

You "can" engage in a little bit of link exchange, but I would only recommend doing it with websites that are related to your subject matter and sites that you trust. Don't just blindly accept a link exchange request with some fly by night bottle cap company in South Korea simply because they asked you. It's not a good idea, and your backlink will more than likely be gone in a week or two.

noahqw

You should develop as many backlinks as you possibly can. A great way to build backlinks is through forums and blogs. For forums you can find relative forums inside your niche and post in them. For blogs it's the same thing.

iresh

as i know google havent updated the PR in a while, but some say they going to do this in this month, we ll see