Newsletter Conversions/Website Review

fifty3eleven

Hi,

I'm looking for feedback for improving my wife's Mental Skills Training blog/website. Our current goal is to use the blog to generate traffic and 'convert' that traffic to her email newsletter subscription, facebook fan page likes, and/or twitter followers (in that order of importance), in anticipation of her book being published later this summer.

Neither of us are web design or marketing professionals, so any feedback you can give about both the design and the copy is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chad

(This was originally posted in Website Review, but I was told I might find more feedback here...)

chrishirst

Staff member
Our current goal is to use the blog to generate traffic and 'convert' that traffic to her email newsletter subscription, facebook fan page likes, and/or twitter followers (in that order of importance), in anticipation of her book being published later this summer.

A 'blog' is still a website, so why are you NOT using the "website" rather than hoping to be getting second hand traffic?

Last edited:

fifty3eleven

I'm not sure what you mean by "second hand traffic". The blog is hosted on her website. The newsletter signup CTA is on every page of her website including the blog portion of the website. What I meant by converting the traffic is to get them to sign up for the newsletter (newsletter conversions).

Edge

A lot of boxes seemed ticked, you even have video content. The only minor thing I noticed is that there is an inactive feed icon.

You could perhaps get some testimonials in where you have the main image with the text 'making a commitment to you'.

chrishirst

Staff member
I'm not sure what you mean by "second hand traffic".
It's because you trying to drive traffic to a 'blog' in the hope that they MIGHT just spot the form and consider signing up.

If you want the traffic to convert into a signup, then send them to a URL with a document that tells them what to do! Once they have signed up then you can send them off to read other stuff.