News Feed

npsaa

I run a non-profit athletic association(npsaa.org) for private schools. We don't have a lot of money, that is why the site is not very good. However, I have to purchase one thing at a time. Anyway, I want to add a picture news feed like on npsaa.org. What type of software would I need to do that and how much do you think it would cost me?

npsaa

Is this some kind of webmaster secret lol. Know matter where I ask this question, know onw answers me.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
your question is a bit vague. Would probably help to post a link to the npsaa.org website or aspect of it that you are trying to replicate. And provide a brief explanation of what you are trying to do.
Most people would not know what you are referring to.
Basically you have two options, find a script that can do the job, which you can view at hotscripts.com
or
post the job on a freelance site like elance.com or something similar and programmers will quote you how much they can do the job for, but to to do that, you will need to provide full details of what you want.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I dont have an answer for you.
But some things to consider.
Do you want news text description and a corresponding picture to rotate on the main screen?
If so, where will it draw that image and news text from? Most might draw it from a blog where news stories are created. If you use wordpress for a blog, there may be some blog plugin listed at wordpress which will allow you to do that, as I have seen that technique being used on several blogs. Just not sure how it is done, you might want to view the source code to try and figure that out.