Newb questions

Tomo_hawk

I want to create my own internet magazine.

I learnt HTML many moons ago, but it seems pretty limited and outdated.

Can someone please post on here the key things that owuld be useful for a magazine. I have web/text editors.

WOuld something like php do the job?

Just some key starter points would be useful. I can research the rest myself.

SiteExpress

I think it is going to depend on what you do with the site. html would be fine if you were making static pages. My guess is, that you are going to need a database driven site. Therefore php and MySQL will probably be the core of the site. You might be lucky enough to find a Content Management System to do the job for you. Try looking at something like php-Nuke or post-Nuke.

Good Luck

keen2learn

You've gotta use flash, flash is awesome when it comes to an interactive eZine. If its soley aimed to be on screen it doesn't need to look like a conventional print-mag! Add interactive buttons, animation, images that move, anything that moves it away from the norm!

look at http://tigermagazine.org for example. And thats without any really animation, just simple navigation and wacky content. Flash it!

ISDProductions

flash and HTML....use HTML for all of the text so that search engines can find you, use flash to make the site dynamic and interactive