New Website Launched - Critiques Welcomed

fastfix

Hi all,

We've just set up a new website for our plumbing and property maintenance company based in Greater Manchester UK.

Please feel to view and critique our web site here:

http://www.fastfixservices.co.uk/

Any advice and/oe helpful comments would be appreciated.

Many thanks

lentak

Hi, it seems to be fine, but there are several mistakes.

On the left side there are three silver objects but at the bottom of Request A Call Back object there is a mistake.

It is also not validated. It has 69 Errors and 27 warnings, which is quite a lot for such simple website. You should buy some template from themeforest.net. You would safe a lot of time and work. The prices are from 17USD.

DunderMiff24

Very elegant

I really like the dark gray tones inside the lighter gray bars. Plus, the changing flash multimedia at the top is a nice touch as well. It reminds me of the intro to our Kansas City SEO website. If you'll see the different hues of yellow we use to contrast the brown, there are many similarities between the two. Only suggestion I might add would be to change the green to a darker hue, possibly? The neon green tint kind of drew me in by accident.

Otherwise, I'd say you've got a great website on your hands!

fbhc

The site looks good and not confusing for the customer. I think you accomplished your goal. Not sure about the errors to fix what lentak said, but it's good to me.

w888

Looks good to me too - critical information is nicely aligned on the left (services, contact, payment), background info on the right. Nice.

d a v e

looks good, but
1) text is too small
2) the grey text on green background button is hard-ish to read - use a lighter grey
3) ideally you should have only h1 per page
4)favicon
5) layed out in tables - not good
6)white space underneath the footer looks odd
7) move your css to external stylesheet
8) make this list "We have local 24 hour emergency plumbers in :" alphabetical

all in a few things to polish (barring the layout in tables and coding errors) but a good site

Jacob

It is also not validated. It has 69 Errors and 27 warnings, which is quite a lot for such simple website. You should buy some template from themeforest.net. You would safe a lot of time and work. The prices are from 17USD.

Thought I would elaborate on his post:
W3 Validator service

My critisisms:
The grey text on green is hard to read
A lot of the images could be replaced by text and CSS
You should use a lighter or darker grey. It's too similar to the green. Basically there is no contrast between the two
You have two menus (navigation column and a bar with "home" written on it)
Make the header smaller
Use a box-shadow on white panel

Hope this helps. Good luck.

jnspire

My Review

On your "Pay an Invoice" page, One line Break should be removed under the word "Benefits". Also, the paypal link is too close to the left side bar which looks tacky. You could either off-set it, center it, or remove it entirely and replace it with the paypal image that you have at the top right of the center column... and simply link that to the paypal payment page.

Also, the headings on several main pages are far to wordy. "24 Hour ******** In Manchester City Centre & The Entire Greater Manchester Area" Could be replaced with simply "24 Hour ******* In Manchester". WAY.... to wordy AND it breaks up the theme by lapping over onto a second line.

Several people above went over other things that I noticed as well. So, I wont repeat them.

I think the design works well. Personally, the color scheme is a bit drab with all of the grays. But it works, I think for what you are trying to accomplish. I might consider lightening the background color. and Maybe implementing just a tiny touch of red or yellow...

Best of luck!

Last edited: