New website and hosting!

Discussion in 'Web Hosting and Domain Names' started by wolfeinstein, Oct 26, 2006.

to remove all ads.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfeinstein

wolfeinstein New Member

I have a pet grooming spa and i like to get a website a basic one like a 3-4 page where people can look it the salon ,check out the prices, etc wont sell anything strickly information and pics wopuld be up!

can anyone recomend a good hosting plan with nice web building tools?

i found godaddy,aplus.net they around $7-8
    is there any reliableone out there?
    except any help!
    thx

2. anoosh

anoosh New Member

You may want to check out dowload.com for free and cheap web building tools.

3. varfolomey

varfolomey Banned

As far as I know Godaddy is quite O'k. Do you want to have web building tools for free?

4. akropoliss77

akropoliss77 Banned

Aplus.net looks appealing IMO.

5. eMonsterhost

eMonsterhost Banned

6. akropoliss77

akropoliss77 Banned

Guess you use it yourself, aren't you?

7. eMonsterhost

eMonsterhost Banned

I am one of the network admins here.

8. Slushie

Slushie New Member

For free web design programs I'd suggest Trellian WebPage (http://www.trellian.com/webpage/index.html) and the Composer in SeaMonkey (http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/) Both are good free programs, and can do an alright job.

And if you only have 3-4 pages, anyone who just has around 10 pages or less or so, may want to look at an ad-free host, there are many. Or a hosting company that offers cheap yearly rates, like $15 a year.

As for GoDaddy Hosting, I say stay away, I've heard some bad things. I friend of mine used them, doesn't anymore for good reason.

9. kristi

kristi New Member

Web Host

I agree about the godaddy hosting. I had a client with them and they downgraded the functionality of the webstats program that comes with the hosting account to coax people into their 'new' paid stats....not cool!

I host all my sites with www.apixl.com - a cpanel host (trust me, you've got to have cpanel!)
    It includes fantastico which has dozens of open source scripts you can install very easily through the control panel. Joomla is awesome for community sites, cubecart equally cool for ecommerce....I could go on because I just love it! Most are template based so changing the look is fairly easy too.

10. zkiller

zkiller Super Moderator Staff Member

i presently use fastnext.com and haven't had any complaints. i have also used hostway.com some years ago (it's been at least 6 years or so now) and their prices do reflect in their service. you get what you pay for.

11. e-webtemplates

e-webtemplates New Member

I hosted with godaddy, and they are in market for quite long time . I dont have any problems so far.

12. web67

web67 New Member

whats the price of fastnext?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.