New to Industry

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by C Cage, May 22, 2018.

to remove all ads.
  1. C Cage

C Cage New Member

what is the best way to get a remote web design gig, if you are new to the industry, and have no degree. but know enough about it to get a portfolio going.

I dont know a ton about coding but i know wordpress and that stuff.

2. chrishirst

chrishirst Well-Known Member Staff Member

Demonstrate you can design by creating some concepts for imaginary 'clients' in specific marketplaces.

3. C Cage

C Cage New Member

Cool thanks. Once I have done that and I start soliciting clients. Do I want to mention that it is my first project. And what should I negotiate for a rate, without getting laughed out of the House.

4. chrishirst

chrishirst Well-Known Member Staff Member

Nope.

When you have done some practice designs, you should have an idea of how long each one takes and how much your time is worth.

5. Kim Kiav

Kim Kiav Member

You don't need degree in order to design a website but clearly a degree will help by giving you concepts. for the start you can study https://www.w3schools.com/

6. Carly Swinson

Carly Swinson New Member

In this field there is none second to the skill and experience of your web designing. I agree that degree can help you learn and give you extra credit when you apply for a job but when it comes to freelancing skill is the key to success.