New Project, Let me know what you think

Hi ISD

The navigation seems clear enough. Site seems cluttered due to the amount of text and no images to break the page up. Have you tried it with a cleaner font like Tahoma? May make it a little easier on the eye.

Are you expecting to make much out of the Google Ads? I have never looked into it.

Good luck

ISDProductions

Thanks for the responce. Good call with the tahoma, i originally had it in tahoma, but decided to change it out. It does look a little cluttered huh? I haven't used any pictures cause i don't want to waste any load time, I just want a lean content driven site. Maybe if I increased the white space between text? As far as the google ads go, I have them on a few other of my sites and they are working out quite well(roughly a 1 out of 20 click ratio). This page is an attempt to add on to the revenue They are currently making for me. Thanks again for you opinion

Last edited:

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I dont like the background image that you used, looks like lettuce or some leafy green vegetable, which is not really appropriate for a technology site. Also the logo image is hard to read.
I also agree with the comments by Chris about the text being too cluttered and not spaced very well.
On a positive note, the pages load fast.

dmop

I disagree about the background being "not appropriate" it may not be the "usual" for a tech site, but since when is that a bad thing? I think it makes your site stick out amoung all the generic everyday ones. I really like the color scheme, were you going for a vista look with the page? the menu's over the background look like some of the screenshots I've seen with the tranparent glassy look? BTW with the google adsense, do you find that you do better with the ads blended in like that? Good job.
p.s. in firefox, it seems some of the text gets cut off on the main page

Last edited:

ISDProductions

thanks for all of the replys. I agree that The background isn't "usual" i was going for a different feel, all the tech sites out there think they have to look like their from the future, frankly I'm sick of it. Their just cookie cutter design. You have a good eye dmop, Vista screenshots were partly the inspiration for the design of this site, although, they did much better i think. The question you asked about google ads, I find that it depends by site...some sites do better blended in, others do better when they stick out like a soar thumb. The only way to really know is to experiment.

Last edited: