New Fella on the Forum

sunnyp81

Hi guys

Im new to the forum, and let me say it is a very nice forum full of interesting thoughts and ideas.

My background is sales and marketing, i have teamed up with a developer and starting our own company. So far we have been outsourcing our design work so i decided to get involved and perhaps learn some design stuff
so over the weekend i went out and bought Adobe Photoshop CS5... wow is it intense, the programme has soooo much stuff and i just got confused.com

i went onto youtube and thought yeah lets learn something, i can now set up pages, do gradients / fill colours, text boxes ... I was wondering how best for me to learn photoshop and have an eye for design - i have seen many sites which i like and didnt want to copy any...

i guess im not sure what im looking for... any thoughts or ideas are welcome

thanks for reading

Fireproofgfx

I have a Favorites folder titled "nice sites" that I refer to when I start to design a site, that I look over and get ideas from from each of those nice sites. As for learning PS it just take some time following tutorials and you will be on the right track in no time. Just have patience and try to find tutorials that actually explain each step rather than you trying to figure out what they mean by this or that..