Need some Design help

bnd10706

So, let me explain what I need, and maybe somone can help me.

I am in the Coast Guard and we have an internal website here at the command center that I maintain.

Part of our job here at the command center is to monitor the status of boats, like if they are underway or not etc.

Right now we have an excel sheet that is up and its not very functional because you have to remove fill and add fill and alot of real estate is lost in random sections of the excel sheet.

I want to build something in HTML, CSS or whatever.

Basically what it needs to be is very simliar to an in/out board. When I push a button it changes to display underway or morred. But i need it to save so that if anyone opens the webpage they can see it.

I have no idea how to do this and any advise is appreciated.

if anyone is willing to help It may be eaiser to discuss in e-mail which i will pass in a PM if anyone is willing to do that.

FYI- limitations, i dont know which type of database is on our local servers, but I am sure its limited, and since its maintained by the military i dont have much access besides read/write.

I dont know anything about database editing either, but im willing to learn.

Thanks in advance.

Brandon

chrishirst

Staff member
FYI- limitations, i dont know which type of database is on our local servers, but I am sure its limited, and since its maintained by the military i dont have much access besides read/write.
Then it is not possible.

You need server side code to do the data callection and a database to hold the status information.

bnd10706

Ya i figured that.

IF anyone has a design though I will still create one, and try to host it on my personal website.