Need London-based developer to build new site

MartinB

We are seeking a London-based web developer to design, build and maintain a new high-end website which we consider could have significant market potential - something approaching the level of Facebook.

Critically, all work undertaken will be paid for in equity in the company not cash. Unorthodox we know.

If this sounds of interest please contact [email protected] with your details.

Thank you

Martin

voodish

It's not that unorthodox, but needs extremely well written T's and C's to be viable; you don't necessarily need inner city companies to build this for you, but I can understand why you would desire close geographic ties on a job of this 'projected' scale -

It's nice to see optimism like this and it is intriguing, but this really would have to be a whopper of an idea to reach Facebook levels, that or extremely well connected people on board... that said, anything is doable, with time, money and effort.

I know of a few London based companies that maybe able to help you, but most, if not all, will want some sort of cash payment in lieu of a reduced company share.

I'm sure you have posted this on a few other forums out there, but if you would like me to forward your information along, then feel free to PM me via the board with some more information about the project, and I will start the ball rolling for you.

MartinB

Hello Voodish

Many thanks for your reply and kind offer - I should be grateful if you would forward the following information to the London-based companies you know:

Our company is seeking a London-based web developer to design, build and maintain a new high-end website which we consider has significant market potential - something approaching the level of Facebook.

Our aim is to build a general social networking site (web interaction through shared interests/activities). Like Facebook and MySpace our users will be able to share information and generally communicate and 'promote' themselves. Our site, however, will have what we consider to be a fundamental and key difference - one which we think is strong enough for us to break into this competitive and lucrative market. Naturally, at this stage of searching for a long-term developer, we could not disclose more about this unique selling proposition, save to say that nothing like it exists today. The website will be free-access and income will be generated through advertising targeted at the highest achievable level.

Importantly, all web development work will be paid for in equity in the company not cash.

If this project sounds of interest we should be very grateful to hear from you

Best wishes

Martin Boronte
Tick Ltd
[email protected]
'Tick- what makes you'