Need Help

pauldf

Hi Guys

I'm new to this site so i'm sorry if this has been covered somewhere before. I'm building a website for a company but what i need to do is to find some way for the people to update their news updates etc. I'm building the site using dreamweaver cs3 and i know one of the simplest ways is to add a twitter box to their page so that they can just update it that way but i need something that looks a little more professional and also twitter only lets you post 160 letters so they would need something that would let them post more.
This is my first time to add something like this to a website so if someone could help me out with some information or even good places to look i would be very thankful.
So in a nut shell what i'm looking to do:
I will build their full website and upload it to their server but I need something that would let them update news and information daily if need be.
I have had a quick look at wordpress would that be a route to go. Basically on talking to them they are just looking for the simplest way for them to be able to update information on the site without them having to go into script and html codes etc. , does anyone know of an application that i could integrate into the site that would let them do this.
Once again thanks a million for anyones help with this and sorry if i have repeated an older post.

pauldf

Thanks guys

I'll look into those links you gave me hopefully i can find something that will suit their needs. I suppose adding the news-information "box / area" on the website is not the major problem it's finding the application that i can put on their computers to make updating that area of the web page simple for them. Thanks again though for replying.

camilo.nevarez

sounds like you want a text file that they can edit and then it is dynamically put inot your page.. look for dymanic content from txt either php or even javascript