Need help with a new twist on a word filter...

Reiku

Excuse me if I'm a little terse, but I've been up all night trying to put a new website together. :rolleyes:

Ok, here's the situation:

I'm trying to set up a web page for an online radio station. I'm trying to modify a free, pre-coded forum for this because, it's free, and I'm broke.

The problem is that I want to use some button images I made for the title of the boards to make the site look better. It will let me use tags in the title, but on other pages where it calls up and displays the title of the boards, this casuses problems.

What I want to do is code a word filter into the header of the main page, that will replace the text titles with [img] codes when they display on the main page. That way the database will still store the thread title in text form, and display that on all of the pages that [i]don't[/i] have the filter in the header.

All the word filter scripts I've found so far are triggered when someone posts, and I don't understand the language well enough to change it so that it runs when the page is loaded instead, so if somebody could show me how to do that, I'd really appreciate it.

Reiku

Thanks, it looks like I might be able to use this--just remove the original activation code and use one of the script-triggering methods listed on that site...

I'll have to look into it a little more to be sure, but this should take care of my problem. In the mean time, if anyone else has any suggestions, please let me know--just in case this method doesn't pan out.