Need Help deciding e-commerce fast ! Please Help !!

Mobius

Hello all you wonderful web people. I am looking for some isight on the best solution to get my site active and taking payments.

First off I have my domain and hosting. And I am starting a t-shirt site.

I have been looking at Wordpress templates and some I like a lot. I have looked into this Kassyopea Ecommerce+Corporate deal, along with this templatic deal that is supposed to be a wordpress store theme all set up and ready to go.

I have also looked into using zencart or bigcartel as additions to my wordpress, as well as pay pal and google for ecommerce. Even looked at magenta.

I have a designer helping me with designs and he is also a web developer and can do a simple html page, (he has one that looks real sharp) .. likely he can copy over a lot of things and just implement into my site.

Well I want to be able to update and modify my site on my own really, but I supppose I could save that for a future option.

My situation is that I have a shirt that was related to an event over the weekend and it more/less got rained out, but i'm in good with the main guy running the events and I NEED to get this shirt design up ASAP (while the event is fresh in there minds)... But at the same time I want it to look top notch and professional, and this is a KEY time for me to be able to slip this in, and get a presence to my new site.

In about 3 weeks I will be getting funding to do a full fledged site with all the bells and whistles, and to pay for all logisticals.

That being said, the option I see now is to maybe get a word press theme I like, write out the fields as best I can and implement e-commerce with say pay-pal (because I have an account and standing with them). But I like the secure name of google, and I know that helps people weary about spending online. Also recently looked at e-onlinedata with Authorize.Net But looks like a lot of hoops to just get registered...tax id, business acct, etc etc ?? Maybe A google website that is all inclusive to start? Or take advantage of one of these free 30 day trials ??

Is there perhaps a better solution to suit my immediate needs I am not seeing?? This could be a huge opportunity to make my brand name huge and VERY fast in my market, and give it a presence. And by the 3rd week of October I want to blow it up with funding I am receiving.

I could seriously use some help here. There are just too many options, can someone please give me some direction :confused:?!?! Any response right now would be a huge help, and will be greatly appreciated and perhaps lead to some in depth development when funds come in.

Thank you for reading this post I know its long. But I really need help!!!

Last edited: