Need Advice (Senior Project)

Epidemik

So for my senior project, I'm helping the school switch over to google apps (actually a pretty cool program) and one of the main things I need is a homepage for the apps.

I've done web design in the past but it was a long time ago (2-3 years) so I essentially am starting over. I had to relearn CSS and everything.

I'm trying to go for a more modern flashy look while having the content (not much to it) very easily accessible. Its not really working out, something just feels bland/awkward about the design. So I'm hoping some of you graphics gurus can help me out.

Here's where its at so far

http://jeffnet.org/~jake/google/

I know most of the links don't work, I did that for privacy (idk didnt want to take any risks). They'll obviously work in the final edition. Also, the actually text will probably get altered a little bit.

I really need something to sorta spice it up and I'm kinda stuck. Thanks

(Sorry if it was illegit to copy and paste this from computer forum ian, let me know if thats not okay and Ill chane some words around ;) )

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's a little dark, but I like it. It's simple and straight to the point. Much like Google. :)

I would probably try a lighter gradient for the background of the main content area.