Need advice on cost, time estimate and more

dreamsr4ever

Hello,

Wish everyone here a Very Happy New Year.

I am planning on building new website with following features. I prefer not to use the CMS but rather build it by using extensions/plug-ins for extended features.
Any guesstimate on timeline and cost on doing the website with all these features .

Features needed-
1. Basic website with abou us, contact, product, customer testimonials etc. pages with audio, video, scrolling pictures
2. Extended Features of - Online sales (i.e. shopping cart, product catalog with pricing, order management with promotion codes, simple account management, card payment and processing); mass emailing to members, discussion forum, chatting based customer support, ability to integrate to social media (likeon FB, link to youtube channel).

What's the best approach use CMS or not and pros-cons?

Thanks

squadron

The great thing about a CMS like Wordpress is you can get what you are asking for "out of the box" and there is a lot of support and plugins for it. For the ecommerce side of things, including discount vouchers and stock control, have a look at what Cart66 can offer.

If you get a custom site build from scratch, it will cost you a lot more, it will not be tested as well as common CMS systems, and you will be handcuffed to the developer.