MySQL and PHP

Kevin_a

I'm a newbie, so be kind. In fact, I'm not a programmer or a designer. Just trying to find some answers.

The site I work for is running off of a Windows 2003 Server. The host installed MySQL and PHP for me, so I can use PHPBB forums and Wordpress blogs.

When trying to install WP, I get a message saying

"Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL which is required for WordPress."

When trying to install PHPBB, I get a message saying

"The PHP configuration on your server doesn't support the database type that you chose."

PHP and MySQL are each working independently, but they aren't communicating.

Here's my PHP Info page. I'm assuming something in there will tell me what's wrong, but I have no clue - it's Greek.

What, specifically, does my host need to do to get PHP and MySQL to communicate?

Any help is appreciated!

StephanieCordray

Sorry for the late reply... haven't been back long... and what you are asking is a hard question. Windows and mysql and php don't play well together. However with some search engine work you might be able to find some fixes for the problem. It can be done. Not sure how much trouble your host wants to go to though.

talk2frank

have you made a script with the following code:

<?php echo phpinfo()?>

??

this will show you all the parts of php that are installed. if there isn't a section titled 'mysql', the library probably isn't installed for php. Youre host will need to install mysql using a couple of dll files and uncomment the line in php.inc that refers to the mysql extension. Instructions can be found at the following link

http://uk2.php.net/manual/en/ref.mysql.php

In my experience you always get a load of random CGI errors using php on windows. Its annoying...