myspace identity theft

StephanieCordray

I believe you're right to be concerned. I hate MySpace. I think it's the worst thing they could have come up with in spite of how popular it is. People share all kinds of personal information without realizing it and put themselves not only in financial danger but physical danger as well.

The same goes for any free blogging site.

Artoonie

I believe you're right to be concerned. I hate MySpace. I think it's the worst thing they could have come up with in spite of how popular it is. People share all kinds of personal information without realizing it and put themselves not only in financial danger but physical danger as well.

The same goes for any free blogging site.
I disagree. So what if somebody knows what school you go to, how you look, and what class you have first period? Any random guy could walk into the school, ask your name, and get that information that much easier.
Sure, there's a limit of how much information you should put ("I take the secret path that nobody goes by afterschool" would be dumb), but honestly, unless you do something like that, you're pretty much safe.

The identity theft thing sucks. Don't sign in on those websites that want you to "sign in again" for verification. If firefox doesn't autofill your pass, be suspicious. Change your pass and you'll be fine.