My website

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I think the navigation buttons should have black text against that red background.
Also the wording on the site, especially the homepage should be toned down so that it sounds more genuine.

peanutbutter

wooh.. that intel altius pc is something... anyway.. about the site, all i can say is that you might want to change that logo,. also for this kind of site you should have made the site a little stylish to give it a hi..tech look... but this works, i dont know making the homepage sound moure genuine...

-"Our computers are innovative, stylish and best of all,Amazingly fast. We not only beat the standard, we...... "

but this sure works for me,... i got to get me one of those atlius...

Jesus

Thank you for the reviews, I right now have dream weaver up, I had black text in the buttons but when it changes to dark grey i dont want the text to change, As far as the Altius and Fortius names go, those are just so I can put inventory there. I dont know how to make it much more stylish, if someone could give me an idea I would be eternally grateful(no free computers). Thank you
EDIT: I also have flash and fireworks(legally.......) so if I should do something with those please inform me.

Last edited:

Artoonie

Maybe you could remove the white background above the title and on the right side of the page. Also, I think the links under "our computers" should be a different colr (preferrably blue) to make them stand out more.
Overall, it's a really nice site!

ISDProductions

I don't want to sound mean. But I really don't like it. You have great pictures of hi-tech computers, with a web site design that looks like it jumped out of 1989. I think it would do you some good to check out some of your competitors sites. A friend of mine made this site for someone running a similar business http://avero-systems.com/ this site is far from perfect, but would make a customer more at ease spending 2 grand on a computer. I would go back to the drawing board. If you need help with anything, I'm sure everyone here can help you out with it.

p.s. do you fix laptops? I have a dell that needs a new motherboard.

Last edited:

peanutbutter

Need idea's ehh.. well i think you should just get a template for your site.. it's a lot easier than doing this from scratch.. if you need templates i have some that might work for your site....

Bobo

Well there are quite a few problems with grammar....if you want me to point them all out I will. Is English your first language? Because things like that are very important to make the site look good.

StephanieCordray

As Bobo said there are quite a few problems with grammar.

As far as what ISD said... I don't like either site.

The Dragon Force site has a lot of problems, partly due to the color choices. Black and red are extremely hard to use together effectively. Very few sites accomplish it. Those buttons are rather on the amateurish side. I know you don't want to use black text but the white gets cut off at the top against the light section (attempt at a bevel look?) as it does on the rollover. Your text needs to stand out... You are using rollovers. There is no rule that says you have to have the same color text on hover. Most designers who use plain text links use a text color change for the rollover.

There is a white vertical line on the far right side when my browser is maximized. I suspect, without looking at the source code, that it is the white table background trying to repeat.

The text effects on the header have been overdone on thousands of gaming sites as well as many other types of sites.

The Avero site plainly simply looks like a template site. I dislike the use of the yellow. It's hard for people like me to read. If I can't read a site, I'm not going to buy from the site. I won't pick up the phone and call the company to ask the questions I'd like answers to. I'm browsing the internet because I don't want to spend half my day on hold with some company. I'll move on to one I can read.

I especially dislike the girl with her hands held out. If I were to go to the company would that girl be there? Near the bottom he has "real people"... He should ditch the Hemera image and stick with those.

Sorry to be so negative.

Jesus

Thank you for the reviews I know the site is very "amateurish" (crappy) but i as i stated its just a placeholder, i need a new one but I have 4 months to make an a nice one. If you do have templates or ideas, I would love to see them. The avero site just feels like a template and does not have character(no offense, im really not in a position to poke fun). English is my first language just it was 4 am when I typed that and i was tired. I fixed it but have yet to host.
Thank you
Email= [email protected]

stuluk28

Hey, I understand what everyone's saying, it maybe worth just brainstorming and sketching as many ideas as you can for a week or so. Whilst playing with dreamweaver and css, php, etc at the same time. This way you'll start creating design's that are more complex than your first, but your not too scared to try them.

I love creating new sites now, I learn something new (at the moment several new things) everytime and it wicked. Each time my designs and layouts improve, because I have a greater understand of what I can achieve, what can be achieved, and what would be awesome if I just knew how! The only problem is it makes all my previous sites worse and worse! But hey it's all experience eh?