My site is live!! Want your opinion please

abadsvt

Hi everyone! I got my site up today!!! I was hoping to your opinions on the site , layout, functionality and so on. After my other thread i realized that my coding will need some "cleanup" so just giving you a little heads up. Please i am open to all reviews. Good or bad! Thanks

Josh

www.expressionsoncanvas.com

drding

First impression, it looks great! My only criticism is that for me the drop shadows behind your content boxes are a little light. I think a bit darker, and maybe pulled in closer to the box would make them pop a bit more. Might give it a bit more depth. But again, that might just be me.

I haven't tested functionality yet, but overall I like the muted pallet with the green accent, it really helps you focus on the images.

Also, excellent logo!

CaldwellYSR

I'd make sure you put in some sort of CSS reset. At the very least

body {margin:0; padding:0;}

This will get rid of the white border that I saw in chrome.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
the dropshadow looks bad because its part of the image, rather than added via css.

the layout looks quite tidy, but you've used a few too many divs to create it, it could certainly be simplified.

and yes, white border in firefox too. remove those guys with a body reset

d a v e

the dropshadow looks bad because its part of the image, rather than added via css.

the layout looks quite tidy, but you've used a few too many divs to create it, it could certainly be simplified.

and yes, white border in firefox too. remove those guys with a body reset

it's not bad because it's part of the image, it's bad because it's cut off ;) unless you're saying that css3 can render better dropshadows than photoshop etc. ?

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
dave is correct it looks bad because it is cut off.
still that wouldnt have happened if done with css ;)