My new site.

MrB

Hi,

I have just recently launched a new site www.avmechanic.co.uk, my aim is to offer help to video editors as well as people with computer problems so hopefully i can start to get a communtiy going in the forums.

paige1

Maybe the links in the main paragraph should just be underlined as opposed to color coded rollovers, or maybe a darker color. The links in the left side navigation area are not lined up (left justified???). And maybe you can underline just the text?

Why am I tempted to rock the site back and forth 1/4" ?

Maybe if you removed the border from around the text and/or shading the site would be less heavy.

Good work!

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I think the text in the header image which says 'AV Mechanic' could possibly be a bit bigger, or alternatively add some text below it which says something like "For all your Audio Visual needs" so that people automatically know it is an Audio Visual site.

MrB

paige1 said:
Maybe the links in the main paragraph should just be underlined as opposed to color coded rollovers, or maybe a darker color. The links in the left side navigation area are not lined up (left justified???). And maybe you can underline just the text?

Why am I tempted to rock the site back and forth 1/4" ?

Maybe if you removed the border from around the text and/or shading the site would be less heavy.

Good work!

i think your right about the links in the main paragraph, i was thinking the same thing myself, a darker colour or underline would would probably be better i agree.

regarding the links in the left side, do you mean maybe removing the ">" symbol would be better , and moving the text to the left a bit more?

kinda of like the borders as i think it looks better with rather then without, but may play about with it a bit more.

thanks for you advice

MrB

ian said:
I think the text in the header image which says 'AV Mechanic' could possibly be a bit bigger, or alternatively add some text below it which says something like "For all your Audio Visual needs" so that people automatically know it is an Audio Visual site.

ok, thanks for that advice , i will try it out and see how it looks with your suggestions

StephanieCordray

The site looks okay. However, the most noticable things about it are not the links, the header graphics, or the content but the google ads.