My first web site

Novice

Hi Everyone

I have just started coding in XHTML. My friend who owns a web design company asked me to have a go at designing a site for him in XHTML. Although it is not yet complete, please can someone tell me what they think.
The address is www.bewsweb.co.uk.
Cheers

Last edited:

ian

Administrator
Staff member
The navigation menu incorrectly goes all the way across the entire page. That is the most obvious error. I would also get rid of the lake java applet as it serves absolutely no purpose at all.

Novice

Navigation bar

Hi
I tried the website out on IE and don't have a problem with the navigation bar. Any advice as to the cause of the problem? I must agree, looking at it now the lake is a bit irrelivant.

Thanks for you help

Novice

Hi

Tried this on a friends computer but can't get the problem you discribe. I've tried changing the CSS file to see if that makes a difference but I can't test it. Could someone have a look please. Thanks again.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
works for me now. The navigation menu appears on the right hand side now instead of spanning across the entire page.

[tab]

Opera/Firefox on Debian
Staff member
Hmmm... now I'm having RS flashbacks
:eek:

P.S. Only Ian will know what I'm talking about.

Novice

Thanks guys. Now I need to get rid of the lake applet and beef up the home page. Thanks again for your help.
Paul

hizson

I think the site looks pretty good. The only thing that I had an issue with is the background color. maybe it's just my eyes but it seemed a little hard for me for focus on the text because of the fading colors in the background.

Design itself is pretty good though.

Jere

paige1

NOVICE. I see you have made some changes. You could probably bring the "word count" down a little more on your "web design" page. The sentences "If you have a web site" and "If you don't have a web site" both look like links, but are not. A logo? The navigation "rollover" is a little sluggish. Other than that...
Good job!