mp3 / wav or *swf?

AainaA

K, for those of you here doing sites in Flash.. here's one question.

Which is better? mp3 / wav or *swf? How would you convert mp3/wav to *swf? What I mean is can you lower the bitrate of the soundfile? and if so what's the tool {s/w} you'd recommend for this?

Share!,
Later,

AA

srben

there are loads of programs on download.com with free trials that let you reduce the bitrate of MP3 files,
just search for mp3 converter

StephanieCordray

PC Technology INC. said:
You just need to know the timing and the quality of the sound

When you change the bitrate it will change the quality of the sound somewhat so be careful when working with it that the audio doesn't sound too bad.

StephanieCordray

well, not necessarily, depends on how much you are trying to shave off it. small changes can make a big difference in file sizes without affecting quality too much.

StephanieCordray

yes it is. I never worked much with sound in flash when i was working with flash but I used to convert quite a few mp3's to wave files for a 3d chat i used to frequent eons ago. depending on the the bitrates specified you could get a great sound even for .wav or terrible... and that was using sound recorder in windows, lol. I got a really good sounding .wav from "hell's bells" by experimenting to see where it started sounding bad at fairly small file size for a .wav file.

StephanieCordray

Amma Wario said:
And now, look! I get banned for no reasons and I have to get a new account

So you spam boards out of revenge or what? How do we know you were banned for no reason? did you even try to talk to the admins privately instead of doing this crap? If not, I'm not surprised you were banned. Sorry, I can't sympathize with someone who is this petty as to wreck a perfectly good thread to throw a temper tantrum.

Praetor

When you change the bitrate it will change the quality of the sound somewhat so be careful when working with it that the audio doesn't sound too bad.
Yeah and working with VBR mp3s which can give way to space efficiency can be a bit difficult to work with

The quality and bitrate are clumsy or just uhh.
MIDI quality doesnt depend on a "bitrate"

it's like converting
WMA -> mp3
There is a negligible difference there (unlike MP3->MIDI) A more efficient package would be to try and use any form of VBR so you get quality where you need it

So you spam boards out of revenge or what? How do we know you were banned for no reason? did you even try to talk to the admins privately instead of doing this crap? If not, I'm not surprised you were banned. Sorry, I can't sympathize with someone who is this petty as to wreck a perfectly good thread to throw a temper tantrum
Hehe welcome to the club. I banned him on ComputerForum so he comes to spam here. Dumb kid -- especiall for having a 200+ IQ (http://www.computerforum.com/showthread.php?t=8865) hehe. Regardless we digress :)

Regarding the original question, you can often do a decent job by cutting classic WAV (44.1 stereo) to 22.05 mono without killing things too much :)

Robbie

yeh you can download a program called imTOO mpeg encoder, frm this you can chage the bitrate and convert files. If you go to google and search fro imTOO you can find the link.
cheers cya