Making a javascript effect

borgqueenx

since alot of people dont have flash anymore because mac's iphone's ipad's ect, i do not want to use flash for my website.

but i do want it to have nice effects. i guess javascript is the best thing to go for?
im a very newbie if it comes to site building. I made some sites in the past(www.gdteam.net for example) but as you can see its just a simple CMS.

What im planning to do is create a website with a easy darkened template, where i have a slideshow for pictures, some menu navigation and well....effects. The site will not need a scroll bar unless its at a news section or something.
I have no idea how to make these effects so thats why i registered here :)

My website is going to be about lasershows, and i want it to have wel...lasershow effects... duh:p

First id like to have a small image of a laser projector in the leftdown corner of the screen, persistent and always there. Okay i can probaly do that. But i also want a "line" coming out of that image at a given starting point, and let that line end at the mouse pointer. It also needs to be a laser pointer line. If you ever saw a laser pointer beam in action you'l see alot of dust particles going through the beam, making it visible a bit. I want that effect. not just one big beam going to the mouse pointer, but i want it to be almost invisible. only see the dust particles(alot) and maybe a 90% transparant beam.

And...if thats possible i want a fog machine in the rightdown corner wich blows out steam wich fills the screen for a while wich makes the laser beam fully visible. Then the fog/steam disappears quickly again.

And one final effect id like to create is to have the menu where you can navigate to a other page to be affecting a image. meaning: if i hold the mouse on a menu button a image above it changes.

Thats it. i hope im not asking for the impossible. i can get the images myself but im afraid its impossible for me currently to make the effects.
Im happy to learn and check out some examples of scripts who do something like the things i want. also happy to listen to software recommendations and also willing to pay for the effects if its really kinda impossible. (like ~50 dollar)

Thanks people:) i also tried webdevforums but i cant create a topic there. it says im not privledged to do that. althought i activated my account ect.

Hopefully you can help me :)

Boaz.

Absolution

I would say besides becoming a pro at javascript. The collection of scripts called JQuery might help you there! I never used JQuery myself but a lot of people like it for java effects and such.