Looking for a particular script

StephanieCordray

but darned if I can find it. There used to be a script you could insert into your main site's index page that showed the latest topics on a phpbb2 forum installed in another part of the site. Anybody got any ideas where I can find that script? I've searched phpbb.com for it with no luck. Maybe if I could remember the name of it, that would help but it's been awhile since I've done any real work on a phpbb forum.

StephanieCordray

Nope, I downloaded the first one you linked to... wondering if I can modify it to work in a Joomla! cms, :). wondering if it would be better to just start from scratch, though. Thanks for looking!

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
no problem... i would imagine the hardest part would be to figure out which fields to get the desired data from in the database.

StephanieCordray

There's hope. 11 members there and I don't even have all the wanted features installed... I won't mind too much as long as they don't complain while I'm tweaking.

StephanieCordray

I'm happy to report Topics Anywhere worked well. Once I made a place to put it and a place to put the place (divs) it worked very well. You can customize how many posts you want to show. I may up the number in the future and make a new place to put it as things get busy on that site.

Here's a link to that script should anybody else be interested.
http://www.afsvlaanderen.be/topics_anywhere/download.php#demo

It can be used as an rss feed as well which I will look into more... for now, I just needed the javascript.