logo help

butteredsausage

I am pretty sad at creating custom graphics. I only have basic art skills. This is my first attempt at creating my logo. I had one done awhile ago in photoshop, but i dont have it anymore. The logo is simple enough, a sausage link with some melting butter on it. I attached my first wing at it. Should I continue using illustrator? or should i get in photoshop. in either case, what should i do to improve it?
Untitled-2.png

suz

It looks pretty good in the small version with the font and drop shadow. The only thing I would do is just make the words bigger.

dchelix

From my experience as a professional web developer, I don't believe it would be appropriate to actually have a graphic of butter on sausage, you'd give viewers the idea that you sell sausages with butter.

Thats just my opinion from my professional experience though, it is your development. Do what you wish, good luck.

suz

You could always put the buttered sausage pic inside a pic of a computer monitor? If you wanted to make it web development related that is.
Otherwise it looks fine to me. Oh other then pulling the second line of writing down by a few pixels maybe.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
that wasn't helpful
you may not find that advice helpful, but they were making a good point. Buttered sausage as a brand for web development, well I cant see you getting many worthwhile clients with a site image like that.

bcackerman

you may not find that advice helpful, but they were making a good point. Buttered sausage as a brand for web development, well I cant see you getting many worthwhile clients with a site image like that.

Ya, I agree, I would never use a symbol like that for a client. It's 100% your choice though.