Listen to Music While Designing

MediaInf

Does anyone here listen to music while creating a new mockup? I've heard that different music genres can bring out variations in your creativity...

kiko_friendly

I definitely agree.

Listening to certain songs can bring out different emotions in a person, and if someone is being creative, their emotions will be reflected in the resulting design!

bannerblueprint

I try to listen to ambient, deep house, and jazz when i'm developing sites, or designing. Anything that has a non-instrusive sound (where it doesn't distract me too much, but still sounds good). I also try to have a nice variety of artists. I'll go to shoutcast.com and listen to some stations in various genres on there.

MDESIGNS

for me, listening to music helps me get into the "ZONE" when im working and really helps get my creativity going-doesn't really matter what kind

redox

it helps for me. depending on what kinda site im designing I listen to different music, definatly gives me ideas

Niteo

I totally listen to music while working. I usually listen to techie stuff like Polish Ambassador, Digitalism, and Chromeo but mix it up to Expendables every now and again when i need some guitar action. But i usually don't use it to entice creativity but rather to make tedious work more bearable. but im a web designer so i don't usually have to get too insane with my graphic design.

But yea, (good) techno is awesome for web designing cuz it's very technical and systematic while creating beautiful harmonies and rhythms, in much the same way, all that technical back end crap in web design works together to make a beautiful work of art. sorta the same. well if you consider web sites works of art. Lots of ppl dont... I like to. well some of em anyways... like mine. hahaha.

Healthy

I sometimes listen to music when coding, but I can't really concentrate if it has words.

When doing web design or writing, I listen to music as well and can handle the distraction of words.

jonze

I can only work in college so I can't listen to music :(( I have headphones that work occasionally though. If I had my own computer I'd definetly listen to music though. I just discovered Prick so his album is on a loop on my mp3 player :p Prick, Ministry and NIN, I'm having an Industrial phase :p Oh and some Primus and Queens of the stone age and LCD Soundsystem thrown in there to mix things up!

It definetly helps me work/study in general!

natenation

I listen to alot of pink floyd and laid back music like that when designing. I actually just got the David Gilmour CD's and am listening to them currently.

Nate Johnson
Web Design - Comics - Illustration

http://www.natenation.com

Last edited by a moderator:

jrstokes

I listen to music almost every time I start a new design/graphic. I can listen to anything pretty much...techno, rock/metal, rap...whatever. :D

ian

Administrator
Staff member
When I build websites, I usually have the tv on as well and glance back and forth.

Q_d

Banned
I definitely agree. While I'm listening to the music, I have so many extra-ordinary ideas and bulk of energy.

HEIBURDERBINS

What's Up

Hello everyone, it's been way too long since I've popped my head in to say hello to everyone. I've been around looking at all the comments and replies to everyone, but I've not joined until now ! This site has some of the best/most active members Iv'e seen on board like this!

I look forward to sharing ideas with everybody! I can already tell how friendly everyone is! So I just wanted to say hi to everyone. I look forward to getting to know everyone as we exchange messages on this board.

I'm pretty happy to be here!