Links within my sitemap.php

jeanm

I've started to set up my Site Map but every time I create a link from the text it shoves the text along a couple of millimetres to the right. You can see what I mean by the two links I've made way up the top of the first divs in the content here at http://www.railway-train-travel.com.au/sitemap.php

Can anyone see what is causing it please. I've checked out everything I can think of but no luck.:confused:

webstudent123

probably something to do with this:

div.sitemaptable div {
float:left;
margin:1px 0 1px 1px;
width:210px;
height:auto;

ALTHOUGH-- Once you have all the links set the indent will actually look good, better even...

jeanm

My problem is that I have no room for the links to indent themselves. I don't want the longer links to spill over into a second line as it will look messy.

Anyone got any solutions please?

Jean

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
My problem is that I have no room for the links to indent themselves. I don't want the longer links to spill over into a second line as it will look messy.

Anyone got any solutions please?

Jean

If you cannot increase the width of each column (to accommodate for the large character lengths) then I suggest not using and indent. I dont think there is any other solution.

I think the links look fine with no indent. It is clear that they are sub items of the heading above them.

jeanm

The thing is I'm not using a form of text indent because I don't want indent. It somehow seems to be indenting itself as soon as I attach a link to the text and I don't know how to stop it.

ImKevin

you think this might work?

a{margin-left: 0px;}

or set it to a neg

a{margin-left: -10px;}

or do this:

.moveleft{margin-left: -10px;} /* or any number your wish */

then when you at your link <a href='somewhere' title='atitle' class='moveleft'>LINK</a>

Just make sure you are using the right CSS DIV for your links. And you'll have to put that .moveleft into each link.

Hope that works for you.

ImKevin

Then again it may be because you have so many <br /> tag inside your <p></p> tags.
Maybe set p{margin:0;} then do the following:

<p><a href='link.html' title='title'>LINK</a></p><br>

jeanm

Yes I'll have to try something like that. It just bugs me when I can't see what is causing something to happen. No doubt there is a dumb mistake in my code that I still haven't picked up on.