Links by Directory submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

web67

u said the same site offers free and paid service, whats the difference in both offers?

Last edited:

bermuda

Sometimes, the paid links will be placed in the main category listings pages as well as the normal directory listings. This will help with search engines rankings as well as boosting the sites PR.

gchang

The nofollow link is placed in the <a> tag. I'm not positive about this, but I think basically when the robot craws your site, it will also take a note of all the links you have on the site. This basically acts as saying "I support this link." By supporting, you will be "sharing" a little bit of your website's ranking with the linked sites. This will in turn increase their search engine ranking results.

Q_d

Banned
I think that links from directories are useful if you do not have link exchange relationships with them;)

bannerblueprint

sorry, but what is meant by nofollow links?

The nofollow link is placed in the <a> tag. I'm not positive about this, but I think basically when the robot craws your site, it will also take a note of all the links you have on the site. This basically acts as saying "I support this link." By supporting, you will be "sharing" a little bit of your website's ranking with the linked sites. This will in turn increase their search engine ranking results.

The NOFOLLOW attribute tells search engine robots not to follow any links that are on a particular site. So if a directory has links with NOFOLLOW attributes, then it is pointless (in terms of SEO) to have your link on that directory. So if you ever want to link to someone and make sure your site has NO affect on their search ranking, place a NOFOLLOW tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.