Link to a page and stop

awk_grep

I need to link to a page outside of my website from a page in my site, but I want the user to only staty there or come back to the previous page which is my site. How an I stop the linked page from linking to other pages or any other sites. Please let me know...

StephanieCordray

You can't because it's not your site and you can't hijack a page of someone else's site just because you don't want people to leave your site. The best way to keep people around is give them the choice by having the linked page open into its own browser window instead of yours.

If you don't give them the choice of staying or leaving they'll just close the browser anyway and never go back. I've had that happen a few times and all it does is piss me off... especially if I find it during a search and it doesn't have what i was looking for.

awk_grep said:
I need to link to a page outside of my website from a page in my site, but I want the user to only staty there or come back to the previous page which is my site. How an I stop the linked page from linking to other pages or any other sites. Please let me know...

You could use FRAMES. The top frame could contain a link back to your website, and in the other frame, have the third party website.
However, this may require a bit of programming to display the third party website without having to have a different HTML file for every third party website.

StephanieCordray

ehostingcomplete said:
You could use FRAMES. The top frame could contain a link back to your website, and in the other frame, have the third party website.
However, this may require a bit of programming to display the third party website without having to have a different HTML file for every third party website.

Have you ever seen what happens when someone does that? And clicks a link inside that page showing in the frame? The results of people leaving would be the same.