Let me know what you think of my designs!

Tom

Hey Guys & Gals,

I'm a newbie here. Just wanted to get some feedback from people on some designs I'm working on for a new UK-based Japanese website.

I've posted the logo already to:

http://www.tokyocube.com/

and have also posted the majority of the site designs to:

http://www.tokyocube.com/designs/

I really appreciate and welcome any feedback you can give me, as it always helps the design process.

Cheers people!!! Tom

Cashman

Trick Designs...

Hey Tom,
Pro designs mate. Is SharpTools your design group? Do you have a site up?
Just some background... Did you design the imagery and site layout yourself? If so, im interested in your inspiration basis, how did you come to the shown layouts and designs? Have you by any chance seen the www.tokyoplastic.com site? The logos are fairly similar... is this like an extension of Tokyo Plastic, as i just saw their little token figure pop up under the lifestyle page.

I cant really fault it, alignments good, font selection is good, colours are excellent, only thing might be that the use of the lighter grey colour on the main text gets harder to read on TFT screens at times. Not even a big issue.

I suggest that every budding designer check out Toms designs.
I like it, looks excellect.

Cashman

ian

Administrator
Staff member
The site design and logo look excellent.
The main things I can comment on are the text under the really big text which says "Bringing to you all the latest in Japanese Culture" It is a little too light to read properly. Could do with being darkened a tiny fraction, as too could the text.
Also the graphic effect at the bottom of the page, I think it would probably look better if it had the same flow as from the top of the page.

Tom

tokyocube goes live - feedback most welcome!

hey guys,

Just wanted to post up and say thanks for all your input over my designs for the Tokyocube site. It helped alot, and was well useful for the development of the site.

You can check it out at: www.tokyocube.com

Theres gonna be loads of things added over the coming months, and I'm sure many tweaks will need to be made, so please feedback with any comments you have on the site, as it will certainly help with progressing the site.

cheers all!