Layout advice requested

Cyllya

I'm trying to think of a new design for this web site, but graphic design is not my forte, and I would like some opinions/suggestions/advice.

Here's what I have so far, a mock up:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/Cyllya/ais-layout02.png

(Please imagine that there is a log-in menu in the top right blank area and that the lists of gray links have underlined text.)

The goal is to make it look more clean, modern, professional, and non-intimidating. In particular, my main concerns are that (a) people can easily find the sign-up page and figure out what they need to do (b) people understand that the lessons are online and they don't need to call us asking for time and location of classes. I don't own the school, so I'm a bit limited in how I can structure the navigation and such.

If pages other than the home page have the navigation stacked vertically, will it be too inconsistent?

Thanks for your help.

kiyas85

Im not sure if you can toy with the content, but the words Online Training Program or something coupled with a related Icon should do the trick. Even icons without the text tend to be more eye catching than just regular text even if its big and bold. You could try that for signup. And yes maintaining the same navigation would be better, shouldnt appear like you are on a different website.
Hope this helps :)