Keyword Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacksonp

As we all know that keyword plays the most important role in search Engine Optimization.Well Here I am sharing some tips which I have concluded from my experience..

Get realistic estimate of keyword popularity
Don't Pick Single Word Phrases
Evaluate the competition
Choose Specific but Not Popular Keywords
Constantly Change Your Keywords

Danielnash

As we all know that keyword plays the most important role in search Engine Optimization.Well Here I am sharing some tips which I have concluded from my experience..

Get realistic estimate of keyword popularity
Don't Pick Single Word Phrases
Evaluate the competition
Choose Specific but Not Popular Keywords
Constantly Change Your Keywords

I'm agree with u but I think keyword should be popular also, because if keyword will not be popular then it will not be benificial for us.

johnscott

Different types of keywords will help determine whether your visitors are "just looking" for information or if they are interested/potential buyers for your e-commerce site. The more specific the search query, the more likely users are going to be looking to buy something. A person searching for "bridge building" will likely be looking for information relating to that subject...but a person searching for "bridger building contractors in Timbuktu"...those guys are looking to get a bridge built in Timbuku and are looking for local builders.

When you do decide on your keywords, keep in mind your demographic and the purppose of your SEO. Are you just trying to get the word out about widgets? Or are you trying to pedal your new and improved widgets to a local market?

Also to optimize your pages, try to have a single "landing page" per key phrase on your site and optimze your html accordingly.

Pals every one aware of that Keyword selection plays a vital role to promote your business, so always choose keywords that make some conversion of your business or product…

brain

I would also say that you should go with popular keywords if they are the ones that can get you maximum traffic and generate revenue. Also you should not change the keywords but simply add to the existing list. If initially you were working with 10 keywords and now have good rankings on them then add 5-10 more keywords to it. Decrease the frequency of work rate a bit on the previous ones to focus more on the newly added but you shouldn't leave them as such.

zenotom

Banned
I think you should check competitors keywords, coz this play vital role on business promotional strategies.

spotlight25

Choosing the right keyword is foundation of SEO. IF the Chosen keyword goes wrong, then everything will go wrong. We need to put more effort while choosing the keyword.

jasontn

I would use Google traffic estimator to find keyphrases. Otherwise your might get a keyphrase that doesn't get enough people. In other words, if only 10 or so people are searching for a keyphrase then those people probably won't go to your site. Your site is
in competition with 9 other sites on the front page. In addition, you might have to compete with pay per click ads.

I don't really agree with the poster's message. I think single keyphrases can be good in some instances.

For example, if your using adsense or something similar then single keyphrases are fine. All you want people to do is click on a pay per click ad or search box. Your not interested in real buyers. Of course, the people who made the ad are interested in such people. However, they have many ads spread out all over the net. Therefore, they make thier money by the end of the day. That's assuming thier pay per click campaign is successful.

On the other hand, if your selling a product then probably you don't have ads strung across a million sites. Therefore, the audience coming into your single website is very valuable. In that case, you want to target long tail keyphrases.

ishie

When it comes to keyword selection, I only use the free keyword tool by Google. I look into the search volume and competitiveness.

dinesh_Sharma

Hello friends,
Keyword selection is most important part of SEO.Keyword should be more effective and relevant to the subject.It helps to generate more traffic.

addyj672

These are good points to kept in mind while selecting keywords. I think selection of right keyword is first step in On page optimization, there are many tools which helps in getting right keywords like Google adword tool, Google keyword suggestion tool, select right keyword that is relevant to content and use it in content. Do a proper research before you decide on your keywords.

OliveGreen

SEO largely depends upon keywords. So it is vital to brainstorm and choose keywords that reflect your site and the theme of your business in order to attract quality and valuable web traffic to your site. And also always try to order them in relevancy of content in order to gain excellent results in SEO.

Status
Not open for further replies.