Javascript not working in IE7

Ruth.Adele

Hi all,

I have a javascript carousel on the website i am developing at the moment - it works perfectly in every browser except IE7.
I have tried googling for answers, but generally havent found anything helpful..
Does anyone have any idea how to make it work in IE7?

Thanks..
:)

ishie

Ever since the IE7 update, IE no longer handles most javascripts, anything having to do with get will not work until a future update. Just Sucks!

Ruth.Adele

Damn! I'm only new to this, but I've very rapidly developing a hatred for IE... It's ridiculous that every other browser can be compatible, but IE can't seem to manage.

Ruth.Adele

This may be a silly question - but i also have a flash file on my index page. My client uses IE, so every time she tries to look at the page, IE blocks the ActiveX content, and it comes up with a link to download a new flash player (which i have done many times for her, and it doesn't seem to stick..)

Is there anything i can do to the html code that will make the flash content work? (i also made the flash in CS5 - will this make a difference with it be more/less compatible?)

Thanks,
Ruth.

Davina

In my experience most of Java Scripts are not working properly in IE old versions. Java Scripts are works well in IE 8 and greater versions of Firefox 3.0.

orangecopper

In my experience most of Java Scripts are not working properly in IE old versions. Java Scripts are works well in IE 8 and greater versions of Firefox 3.0.

Firstly try re-setting up the script from scratch you could have missed out something. Second - if you have dreamweaver do a browser compatibility check on it. third - Try using a different carousel script there are tonnes !!

cheers
Josh