iWeb: Carousel for Youtube Video Collection

Wild Monkey

I am developing my own website. I am poor and cannot pay a professional for this service. I have had a website for a few years that I designed, but from reviews and consultation, recommendations have been made to modify the original design. So, here I am---stuck with some greater difficulties than my experience can resolve. I am using the most current version of software I have, iWeb 3.0.4 (though I know it is unsupported, but I did not like the replacement programs) on a Mac Pro with OSX 10.6.8.
I do not know html, css, nor any other code format----I just cut and paste--that's why the iWeb software.
I have a video production business with nearly 100 videos produced of various subjects. I would like to display and promote my work on carousels of between 7 to 15 or even 21 videos per collection (more efficient use of page space---and interesting visuals to catch site visitors' eye). However, I am having difficulty creating widgets that would function---or placing a carousel on the page in any other way). I purchased a carousel program that I like (I'm kind of picky with designs and they said it would function with iWeb like all others) but I cannot figure it out and their tech service is of no help with Mac application--only PC. Can someone tell me if there is something suitable for iWeb or even how to make my carousel selection work (even where it goes)?
An example of the carousel is at the link below (as well as an image attachment for easy comparison with my desired carousel design from a photo placeholder mock-up on my website, also as an attachment labeled "ADVENTURE ADDIX").
I have the program code which is in html AND also needs to use CSS, so I could post that for those curious and who like a challenge, but it is all a mystery to me. I am not able to just create a widget and add the code like many other iWeb components---nothing happens to the widget except a question mark.
Please help----I've been working on this for over 3 months.
Dan

(software company) Envato:
Multimedia Responsive Carousel WordPress Plugin
http://www.jquerycarouselimagevideo.com/wordpressplugin/videoGallery2Type_skin_b lack.html

http://www.jquerycarouselimagevideo.com/wordpressplugin/index.html

Attachments

• 003-WMP Website-VIDEO PRODUCTION Page-Image-03 ALL Details like this Are to be Replaced with Car.jpg
    003-WMP Website-VIDEO PRODUCTION Page-Image-03 ALL Details like this Are to be Replaced with Car.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Multimedia Responsive Carousel WordPress Plugin Example-01.jpg
    Multimedia Responsive Carousel WordPress Plugin Example-01.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 29

chrishirst

Staff member
I do not know html, css, nor any other code format-
The simple fact is, ....

For any of us to assist YOUR are going to need to learn something about all of those, as I doubt that many of the developer here use iWeb, most of us do not even use Dreamweaver

Also, if you are using WordPress you may need to have at least a basic understanding of PHP to successfully integrate or create a "widget".

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Chris is right. To implement this, you'll need to at least have a cursory knowledge of HTML, and at least a passing familiarity with CSS and JavaScript. There are a lot of free ways to learn all of these technologies. codecademy.com is my favorite.

We can try to help you, but if you don't know these things, we'll be speaking Greek to you. Besides, you've put in 3 months already, and if you put your mind to it, you can learn HTML and CSS in a weekend.

Once you've reached that point, then we can start to help you.

Wild Monkey

Yes masters. I am on it starting at codecademy.
Back when enlightened with a faint glow----but ready to absorb the lessons, now that I know this is possible for me and my needs.
Thanks Gents!!!
Dan