It Won't Come Out

Hiej

Hello all,

I'm trying to design a website and i have a problem designing it.
I have a sort of image in my head of how i want it to be. I cant get the image out of my head into photoshop.

Do you have some kind of advice of how to get your ideas on paper/photoshop?

P.s. Coding is no issue, once i get something (no matter how ugly) i can code it. Also i not a newbie at photoshop, but not a expert either.

Hope you guys can help, it is really frustrating.

Regards,

denno020

take a pencil to some paper, will much much easier to scrible something down, cross something out, add something over there, if doing it on a piece of paper than on a computer. I tend to find that if I try to do it on a computer, I'll get caught up with little things, and then lose focus and the image I had. If I draw it on paper first, no matter how ugly it is, it's so much easier to translate into digital.

If you've got a tablet though, I'm sure that would help alot lol.

Denno

almostsane

The way I do it is to think of it in layers... going backwards from the screen......like looking down on a stack.

start at the bottom and work forwards as to what you see... don't move up until you get the layer you are working on right...

think of each element of the design as a seperate item, insted of as a whole.... get each item right insted of trying to tackle the whole thing at once...

thats how i work anyway...

mikeWagner098

As denno mentioned, pencil and paper work great for roughing out ideas in your head before spending lots of time on the computer.

Also, I have been in your situation before, but often the final outcome is usually different than the image in my head. I think it is very important to not get stuck with one idea as this can hinder a creative mind.

zach

There is no secret way to convert your thoughts into reality by simply telling you. It's just something that takes skill to be able to mimic thoughts/drawing into a digital form.