Is SEO Support Java Script

Murugesh

Hi,

I have buttons in navigation which shows lists of sub categories. I have used script for this. Each sub category is done through html. I want to know is google crawl the script page or not.

pls help me...

Thanks...

The Lion

Nothing in JavaScript is Robot-Readable...

JavaScript is a lot like flash: Embedded content and links are invisible to metacrawlers. Now I'm not talking about <a href> linked text that have bits of nested JavaScript coding to carry data or commands. I'm talking about full-blown expandable browsers where the bulk of the browser is located in the header as a series of functions. Such browsers are not all their cracked up to be. Visitor pretty, yes. SEO practical, not at all.

If your intended site is going to have visitor traffic like the all-flash 'Green Day' website, then it really doesn't matter what you do. Have a ball. Your rank and search positioning will be fine. But if you're going to be duking it out with the rest of us down here in the trenches, you'll probably need every advantage you can get. This means using a static browser so that you can optimize the text in the links, which, along with telling search engines what your site is all about, helps search engines keep tabs on link activity from your primary pages outward.

Here's a tool I used like a fiend when I first started developing websites. It's designed to help you see your site like a metacrawler does. If the links in your JavaScript browser don't show up there, they probably won't show up when a metacrawler comes to visit your website, thus they will not be counted.

Good luck, friend,
The Lion.

Join my free business directory. First-come, first-served for priority listings.

Last edited:

bermuda

Hi, it is recommended to have the navigation system made in a way to help search engines robots easily find and follow the pages and index them.

If you like your JavaScript navigation, you can add an alternative text based link system to your pages.

Ar3d

another one, it will also better if you external all of your script... for proper loading of the page...